Monday, January 31, 2022

Re: apu2e4 intermittent network freeze

Please explain.

I'm following this thread with anticipation. I have a apu4 board with
some of the same issues. I thought it had to do with my laptop. Since I
only experience these timeouts on the wifi and really only notice it on
the laptop. I did create a vether0 with the ip. Bridged the interfaces
with bridge0

router# cat /etc/hostname.bridge0
add vether0
add em1
add em2
add em3
up
router# cat /etc/hostname.vether0
inet 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.255
up


Do I have to follow as you all are recommending?

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Valdrin MUJA <valdrin_muja@outlook.com>
Aan: Hrvoje Popovski <hrvoje@srce.hr>, Amarendra Godbole <
amarendra.godbole@gmail.com>
Cc: Łukasz Moskała <lm@lukaszmoskala.pl>, misc <misc@openbsd.org>
Onderwerp: Re: apu2e4 intermittent network freeze
Datum: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 20:08:16 +0000

Wow!"Parallel forwarding" with multiqueue on em(4) is so beautiful,
like a dream.Should we hope that we will see those beautiful days very
soon?________________________________From: owner-misc@openbsd.org <
owner-misc@openbsd.org> on behalf of Hrvoje Popovski <hrvoje@srce.hr>Se
nt: Monday, January 31, 2022 20:52To: Amarendra Godbole <
amarendra.godbole@gmail.com>Cc: Łukasz Moskała <lm@lukaszmoskala.pl>;
misc <misc@openbsd.org>Subject: Re: apu2e4 intermittent network freeze
On 31.1.2022. 17:03, Amarendra Godbole wrote:
> [...]
> Thanks for your response(s). A few releases ago I did have a
> bridge,but realized it causes an overall throughput drop rather than
> usingindividual interfaces directly. I should have clarified -- even
> thoughboth interfaces are on the same subnet, only one is connected
> at anygiven time, until yesterday, when I started seeing the issue on
> em1.
> Let me give a try to veb(4) and vport(4).
> -Amarendra

It would be great that em(4) have multiqueue support, that box
withveb(4) and "parallel forwarding" diff on tech@ would kick ass :)


--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Pascal


If there is no wind, row.
-- Polish proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment