Monday, January 31, 2022

Re: wip: graphics/darktable with OpenMP support

I understand,

Maybe llvm 13 will allow to get some better openmp support in the
future. IDK, that's not my speciality.

For now my base-clang with omp built darktable is working reasonnably
well.

I'll keep it like that for now, and will re-enable it for darktable 3.8
when ready ! I think I could already build the 3.8 release but 3.6.1
get the work I need just fine for the moment.

xs

On Sat, 2022-01-29 at 11:44 -0700, j@bitminer.ca wrote:
> > I decided to work on adding OpenMP support to the
> > `graphics/dartktable`
> > starting at version `3.6.1`.
> >
> > Here's the original revision with OpenMP disabled.
> >
> > http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/graphics/darktable/Makefile?rev=1.113&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
> >
> > ...etc...
>
> In the past I've tried to encourage adding/supporting OpenMP in
> ports/gcc and even in base.
>
> There is little support (read: no support at all) from users; the
> experienced people on ports@ foresee a few long-term issues and
> have been reluctant to turn it on.
>
> C'est la vie.
>
> If you want OpenMP and an OpenMP-enabled package, you have to rebuild
> gcc and maintain your own variant yourself, as I do for some things.
> I think you've already worked out how, as you've shown.
>
> It is why /usr/ports/mystuff/.... exists after all.
>
>
> cheers
>
> John
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment