Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Fixing tests for www/purritobin with net/usockets and www/uwebsockets

Hi,
  I've been trying to figure out why SSL tests for www/puritobin are
failing with libressl. The same tests pass on gentoo with openssl.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about SSL so I'm hoping someone can
point me in the right direction.

As a rundown of what parts are being used where, www/purritobin uses
only uwebsockets API and doesn't touch net/usockets API.
www/uwebsockets uses net/usockets internally for its event loop and SSL
bindings, net/usockets uses libuv to do the event loop on openbsd.

On the other hand, net/usockets tests are passing, and those tests are
SSL enabled, so my working hypothesis is that either that test is not
robust enough to catch wherever uwebsockets hooks in usockets, or
somehow uwebsockets is using some APIs which are not tested or don't
work well on OpenBSD.

Thanks a lot,
Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment