Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Re: broken Compress::Bzip2 module in OpenBSD 7.1

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 08:22:27PM -0300, Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I think I might have found a bug with OpenBSD 7.1 (7.1 GENERIC.MP#465 amd64)
> default perl, but first I would like to at least investigate a bit further.
>
> During a execution of a CPAN Smoker, I got this error:
>
> perl:/home/goku/perl5/lib/perl5/amd64-openbsd/auto/Compress/Bzip2/Bzip2.so:
> undefined symbol 'BZ2_bzlibVersion'
> ld.so: perl: lazy binding failed!
> Killed
>
> The Compress::Bzip2 module was being installing as part of the Smoker setup
> with the cpan client, so I'm not sure which module required it. Anyway, I
> never experienced such error before, although there is a registered failed
> test (from me!) in the past (https://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/e3330890-c9e5-11ea-992b-d0f4c78c3247),
> but I never the smoker process was being killed.

And yet, the p5-Compress-Bzip2 package doesn't appear to have any issue.

Now, it doesn't contain that exact same symbol, but rather:
XS_Compress__Bzip2_bzlibversion

looking at things, I think your setup assumed bzip2 was present in the base
system. Not so.

The p5-Compress-Bzip2 port both has a dependency on the bzip2 library
AND a config.in change to handle stuff under /usr/local.

I would tend to assume you need to tell your home-grown setup to look
in /usr/local... which is obviously disabled by default here.

No comments:

Post a Comment