For TXL, that is true, but Tempelhof (THF) for example is
also defunct and it's not in the IATA database anymore either,
but it still is in /usr/share/misc/airport.
The top comment in that file mentions mapping.com which lists both
these airports, but also describes both of them as defunct.
Then there is the question of Schönefeld (SXF), which technically still
exists, but has been extended/renamed to BER. IATA doesn't list it as
location anymore, but mapping.com does and it still exists, just under
a different name.
In the end I don't think there is a right answer without defining
what purpose the list should serve. If it's an insider game for the
devs, documenting all the places where OpenBSD contributors have
been, removal is completely undesirable.
---
On 2022-06-09 18:45, Mike Coddington wrote:
>> On Jun 9, 2022, at 7:09 AM, Moritz Röhrich <moritz@ildefons.de> wrote:
>>
>> Dear OpenBSD users and maintainers,
>>
>> as you can probably tell, I've been reading
>> the hackernews post about airport(7). However
>> I noticed that the list includes Berlin Tegel
>> "Otto Lilienthal" (TXL), which has been de-
>> funct for a few months now. How are closed,
>> defunct and decommissioned airports dealt with
>> in this list?
>
> According to IATA, TXL still corresponds to Berlin Tegel.
> https://www.iata.org/en/publications/directories/code-search/?airport.search=txl
> <https://www.iata.org/en/publications/directories/code-search/?airport.search=txl>
>
> I would assume that if it's still a valid airport code, it remains in
> the list.
No comments:
Post a Comment