Sunday, July 31, 2022

Re: [PATCH] Upgrade lang/ghc 9.2.{3->4}

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 09:44:40PM -0700, Greg Steuck wrote:
> This was a quick and easy one. I rebuilt all the Haskell ports with the
> new compiler.
>
> Release announcement: https://discourse.haskell.org/t/ghc-9-2-4-released/4851
>
> The changes include some fixes for crashes in compiled programs, so I'm
> motivated to land this before 7.2. I did notice the crashes myself, but
> they were rare and I couldn't properly diagnose.

ok. I've rebuilt all haskell ports with it and also tested xmonad.

Ciao,
Kili

ps: new bootstrapper is still work in progress -- I got a bootstrapper
but then the build of lang/ghc with it failed in strange ways
(missing directories for some object files to be written); will
have to compare build logs with old and new bootstrapper and to
find the reason the new one fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment