Sunday, July 31, 2022

Re: rpki-client disk utilization / noting mfs in man?

Heho,

> fwiw using a VM for a border router seems a strange choice.
Agree. It is called 'doing-stupid-things' for a reason. :-| ;-) 0:-)

> Also, having many routers in many networks fetch [...]
Yes, and for my own systems I do just that with some added python code around
it to make sure what I fetch from the cache makes sense ([1] in case anyone is
Interested... still have to fix string handling -.-'); Yet, I cannot really tell people
what to do on their own VMs. (Well, I can, but...) ;-)

> You could periodically rsync it to permanent storage and use mount_mfs'
> -P option to populate at boot.
Really good point; I will give setting that up a try later today and add that to the
blogpost.

> BTW rpki-client is one of the (relatively few) cases where softdep is likely to give
> a significant improvement in performance.
Also a good point. I think I will just bench through all the options (softdep, noatime,
mfs, [...]) and write that down to have some comparison points.

With best regards,
Tobias

[1] https://git.aperture-labs.org/AS59645/monitoring-tools/src/branch/master/other/update_rpki

No comments:

Post a Comment