Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Re: Documentation of wsconsctl keyboard.map format?

Le 30 novembre 2022 21:40:17 GMT+02:00, "Vlad MeČ™co" <vlad.mesco@gmail.com> a écrit :
>On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 06:17:40AM +0100, Mike Fischer wrote:
>>
>> Also the semantics of these is unclear to me:
>> #define KS_Cmd 0xf10d
>> #define KS_Cmd1 0xf10e
>> #define KS_Cmd2 0xf10f
>
>Deep down I was hoping someone more knowledgeable would intervene and
>explain them to me as well. I gave up.

I think I got it. The COMMAND* modifiers are only handled in wskbd.c internal_command. As in break into ddb, switch vtty...

If you have keys carryin Cmd1 and Cmd2, you need to hit both for the thing to happen (e.g. Ctrl Alt F5 to switch vtty). The single Cmd works by itself. So this is more of am FYI to the driver.

Multi_key is what X calls the Compose key (e.g. Compose+~+n should give ñ; I have not tried it myself).

Mode_switch is the layer above shift that gives you two more characters per key.

I guess Shift+Alt_R by themselves would put you in Compose mode. And if you hold them down they are Shift+AltGr+whateverkeyyoupressed.

I will probably forget this in 2 weeks' time.

Vlad

No comments:

Post a Comment