Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Iperf3 - Not allowing connections

Hello,

I have been trying to benchmark the network speed to my openbsd router
using iperf3 (which is a common tool used on Linux) but it does not seem
to work on openBSD, I compiled it from source, and although it binds to
port 5201 (or so it says), when I try to connect I get:

Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

As the port is unbound, thus nothing is listening on the port. Why is
this happening, and is there a way to fix it?

There is nothing on dmesg about it, and there is nothing in the syslogs.

If you have an alternative network benchmark tool which does work on
openBSD please let me know.

Thanks,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760
Website: https://polarian.dev
JID/XMPP: polarian@polarian.dev

No comments:

Post a Comment