Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Re: Iperf3 - Not allowing connections

Just a side not.

Why compile from source when you have the package already done

https://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/7.2/packages/amd64/iperf3-3.10.1.tgz

Just FYI.

Hope this help

Daniel


On 1/31/23 4:26 PM, Polarian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to benchmark the network speed to my openbsd router
> using iperf3 (which is a common tool used on Linux) but it does not seem
> to work on openBSD, I compiled it from source, and although it binds to
> port 5201 (or so it says), when I try to connect I get:
>
>  Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
>
> As the port is unbound, thus nothing is listening on the port. Why is
> this happening, and is there a way to fix it?
>
> There is nothing on dmesg about it, and there is nothing in the syslogs.
>
> If you have an alternative network benchmark tool which does work on
> openBSD please let me know.
>
> Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment