Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Re: Iperf3 - Not allowing connections

Am 31.01.23 21:26 schrieb Polarian:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to benchmark the network speed to my openbsd router using
> iperf3 (which is a common tool used on Linux) but it does not seem to work
> on openBSD,

working fine on openbsd (and many more ...and not only linux based things).
I used it ago to perform tests openbsd <-> LCOS <-> Windows <-> ??? (=all of them
no linux ;)


> I compiled it from source, and although it binds to port 5201
> (or so it says), when I try to connect I get:
>
> Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

You see this message on the openbsd host? I rather think you see it on
the other box from which you want to connect to the openbsd host.
So just as a shot in the dark: pf on openbsd host blocks port 5201. So
please check your /etc/pf.conf (see pf.conf(5))


> As the port is unbound, thus nothing is listening on the port.

It is unbound??? Didn't you say that iperf binds to port 5201 before???


> happening, and is there a way to fix it?

I am sure that this is something we can fix easily :-)
But please provide more info to help you out.


> There is nothing on dmesg about it, and there is nothing in the syslogs.
>
> If you have an alternative network benchmark tool which does work on openBSD
> please let me know.

There are more than one network tool. What exactly do you want to test?
Maybe you just want to see open ports?

From your other mails on this list I could imagine that maybe you just
want print the route packets take to a network host.
For this as an example you can just use traceroute(8) in base.

No comments:

Post a Comment