Saturday, January 14, 2023

Re: OpenSMTPd + Dovecot + Roundcube and sqlite database for credentials

On 2023-01-15 00:31, Maksym Sheremet wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 05:16:12PM +0200, Atanas Vladimirov wrote:
>> On 2023-01-14 15:51, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>> > On 2023-01-14, Atanas Vladimirov <vlado@bsdbg.net> wrote:
>> > > The problem - I recently found that the Roundcube password plugin
>> > > starts
>> > > using $2y$ for blowfish-crypt, which plays well with dovecot but not
>> > > with opensmtpd.
>> >
>> > I've just patched the roundcubemail port (in -current and 7.2-stable) to
>> > use $2b$.
>>
>> Thank you so much. I have applied the patch locally and it works like
>> a
>> charm :)
>>
>> All the best,
>> Atanas
>>
>
> Might be a little bit late, but I'd like to share an alternative
> solution. There is submission protocol support in Dovecot. So one can
> have Dovecot listen on port 587 and authenticate submission requests.
> Then Dovecot can just pass mail to smtpd for sending from localhost.
> Thus smtpd won't need to participate in authentication (unless you use
> authentication even for mail sent from localhost).

Hi Maksym,

Thanks for mentioning this option.

No comments:

Post a Comment