On 9/28/22, Stuart Henderson <stu.lists@spacehopper.org> wrote:
> On 2022-09-28, Mikolaj Kucharski <mikolaj@kucharski.name> wrote:
>> I'm looking for something similar like PC Engines APU board. Preferably
>> 4 network cards, 4GB of RAM, low power consumption, no graphic card,
>> serial console access, suitable for wired and Wi-Fi and/or LTE router,
>> based on OpenBSD.
>
> Search with keywords like "mini pc router", "pfsense router" etc,
> you will find a load of boxes along these lines (to pick the first
> one I found, there are loads of choices of all very similar hardware)
> - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004420642522.html?
> They do have video out as well but you can just configure OpenBSD
> to use serial console.
>
> Now that the 1G em(4) chips are out of stock everywhere, the common
> NICs these days are igc(4) 2.5G ethernet (very common, to the extent that
> "I225" will probably also do as a search term ..).
I picked up one of these and just got it unpacked.
I am failing to figure out how to boot from an external
USB CDR to get OpenBSD installed on there.
I'm connecting through the serial/COM port, but it
automatically goes through the Pfsense/FreeBSD
boot process and starts the "configuration" questions.
Some reddit discussions seem to suggest pressing
either F2 or Delete key at the first beep. But either
I'm not quick enough, or I'm misunderstand something.
Can someone offer any hints?
--patrick
No comments:
Post a Comment