Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Re: [audio/umurmur] umurmurd "switching" to the last group found in group(5) file

On 2023/02/28 15:41:08 +0000, Raf Czlonka <rczlonka@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Omar,
>
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 02:06:28PM GMT, Omar Polo wrote:
> > On 2023/02/28 13:34:23 +0000, Raf Czlonka <rczlonka@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > This is what is being written to /var/log/daemon after fresh install of
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > Can you try again with this diff applied? it should fix the issue.
>
> Yup, I can confirm this patch fixes the issue, thanks!

Thanks for testing. I've sent the diff upstream[0] and will commit
the fix soon, provided that nobody objects it.

[0]: <https://github.com/umurmur/umurmur/pull/183>

> > I'm not familiar with this daemon, when I start it i don't have any
> > logs in /var/logs/messages and if I manually run with -d I don't see
> > the "Switching to user" log :/
>
> As per above - it's in /var/log/daemon, not /var/log/messages

Ooops! Indeed, I have the expected output in /var/log/daemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment