Wednesday, May 31, 2023

"ticking" noise when recording audio

Hello all,

I am trying to record audio from a USB device. I successfully
get audio from it, however, there is a constant "ticking" sound
that happens whether or not audio is actually playing through
the device. Here's the device from the dmesg:

uvideo0 at uhub0 port 7 configuration 1 interface 0 "MACROSIL AV TO
USB2.0" rev 2.00/1.21 addr 2
video0 at uvideo0
uaudio0 at uhub0 port 7 configuration 1 interface 3 "MACROSIL AV TO
USB2.0" rev 2.00/1.21 addr 2
uaudio0: class v1, high-speed, sync, channels: 0 play, 1 rec, 2 ctls
audio1 at uaudio0

I enabled kern.audio.record, have tried aucat and ffmpeg to record
the audio to file, but they both suffer the same issue. Tried monitoring
with this command:

$aucat -f snd/1 -d -r 96000 -o - | aucat -i -
stdout: rec, chan 0:1, 48000Hz, s24le4msb
snd/1: 48000Hz, rec 0:1, 18 blocks of 480 frames
stdout: started
started
stdout: stopped

I can hear the audio I expect but behind the "ticking" noise.
I'm using this device to get audio/video from a VCR, I can confirm
it is not the VCR or this device since they both work fine with OBS
studio on Linux. Any help is much appreciated.

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment