Saturday, September 30, 2023

Re: [broken] games/minecraft

On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 04:24:24PM +0200, Renaud Allard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems games/minecraft has been broken for quite a while. And is not
> really maintained by qbit anymore anyway.
> Also, you can easily run with the java version without this package anyway.
> And that package is only some kind of helper script, which could easily be
> replaced nowadays by "pkg_add jdk".
> So maybe it would be a good time to remove it.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Best Regards

It looks to me like we should remove this port... upstream hasn't been
updated in 9 years. I don't use it myself, but I recall that
games/multimc is supposed to be the better way to run minecraft now.

Also, games/minecraft doesn't have a maintainer and Aaron doesn't use
it anymore. So I advocate that we remove this port.

No comments:

Post a Comment