Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Re: last call for sticks..

Indeed, I come from bad experiences with an usb 3.1 stick (bought by mistake at that time)
passing by an old version of Puppy Linux ( that I use time to time for emergency uses or to have fun ):
I was mirroring the OpenBSD packages site through Puppy when I realized
the stick was recognized but after some min the writing speed downgraded
to zero cause, Im guessing, the driver didn't support 3.1 or was buggy (?)

Just to prepare myself waiting my new usb 3.2 gen 1 sticks..is usb 3.2 gen 1
fully supported by OpenBSD? When this *snippet* of code was implemented since?
Or.. am I missing something?

-- Daniele Bonini

Oct 31, 2023 00:11:51 Daniele B. <my25mb@has.im>:

> Hello,
>
> I advice who is concerced that 32gb sticks seem slowly leave the market, almost at this side of the globe.
> 32gb means a still decent backup time. Occasionally 5 pack offers find place too.
> Just ultimatated my own purchase, eventually hurry up..
>
> -- Daniele Bonini

No comments:

Post a Comment