Friday, December 22, 2023

Re: [update] maturin, py-adblock

On 2023/12/21 16:31, Theo Buehler wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 04:13:14PM +0100, Theo Buehler wrote:
> >
> > I lightly tested qutebrowser with this, and the ad blocking seems
> > to work still. I don't really use any of this stack, so a test from
> > actual users would be welcome.

I normally only use it briefly to test updates. FWIW OK with me,
I can open the local newspaper website with only slight amounts of
wanting to throw things at the screen (i.e. adblocking was working).

I would probably do this in py-adblock and regen plist to reduce
the churn but it doesn't really matter either way:

#MODPY_EGG_VERSION = ${GH_TAGNAME}
MODPY_EGG_VERSION = 0.0.0

> > The diff removes one actual rust-ring consumer and drops the bogus
> > bdep on rust-ring from py-adblock. This probably means that we can
> > remove the exception for riscv64 from qutebrowser that sthen just
> > added and likely also the one for powerpc64 once there is a new
> > bootstrap for rust. I left all that alone for now.
> >
> > Might be interesting to know if py-adblock still fails to run on
> > i386. It's likely since the symptom usually means it ran out of
> > memory.

Giving that a spin now, I'll remove the restriction if it works
(it was a build-time problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment