Monday, January 01, 2024

Re: lang/rust: roadmap for using SYSTEM_VERSION

On Mon, Jan 01, 2024 at 07:28:17AM +0100, Sebastien Marie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With the hint from espie@, it is possible to have a proper inclusion of
> lang/rust module from devel/cargo module. So it is possible to have a
> more simple usage of devel/cargo.
>
> I would introduce a new lang/rust module (with just SYSTEM_VERSION-rust,
> BUILD_DEPENDS+=lang/rust, and MODRUST_WANTLIB definition)
>
> And keep the devel/cargo module to:
> - use lang/rust MODULE
> - reexport MODCARGO_WANTLIB=${MODRUST_WANTLIB}
>
> So there is basically no changes in usage of devel/cargo module, and all
> rust ports using lang/rust module will gain SYSTEM_VERSION-rust.

I like this simplification. The individual pieces of the diff look good
to me. I reviewed the WANTLIB changes in detail and could not spot a
problem. I would say this version is good to move forward with.

ok tb

No comments:

Post a Comment