Saturday, June 29, 2024

Re: "native TeX Live" installation on OpenBSD

> I am really not interested of constantly updating TeX Live over the year,
> not at all. I have my texmf directory than rarely change, after updating
> OpenBSD I recompile the commands.

I don't particularly care about updating it constantly either, but I do want
to isolate it from the rest of my system so it doesn't clutter it up with a
load of random stuff. For that I use a personal project called pkg_bundle
[1].

It creates standalone and "relocatable" package installs of many large bits
of OpenBSD software.

$ pkg_bundle texlive_texmf-full
# cp -R texlive_texmf-full /opt/texlive
$ /opt/texlive/bin/pdflatex path/to/file.tex

There is a lot to LaTeX so likely there is a lot missing. I tend to only need
to expose pdflatex for much of my uses.

[1] https://codeberg.org/kpedersen/pkg_bundle

No comments:

Post a Comment