Sunday, July 07, 2024

Re: (boring) why is KEEPKERNELS unset and obj gets cleaned?

Den sön 7 juli 2024 kl 13:34 skrev Anon Loli <anonloli@autistici.org>:
> > > I don't want the reproductibility of the build, as I want to change the source
> > > code of the src/sys/dev/pci/azalia.c :) consider me a tester :P
> > > And it's such a shame that I have to wait a lot of hours... AGAIN
> > > So as far as I understand, in the future, all I need is KEEPKERNELS as I
> > > already now how.
> >
> > if you want to only build a kernel, go in the right directory and build
> > only a kernel :-)
> >
>
>
> What the fuck are you farting about? lol
>
>
> I never said "I only want to build kernel", I said that I want all object
> files to remain where they are instead of getting deleted and new ones made
> That's what I meant, and I believe that it's what I actually wrote, too.

You wrote: "I don't want the reproductibility of the build, as I want
to change the source code of the src/sys/dev/pci/azalia.c" which is
easily understood as you were changing only the kernel and hence you
got advice on how to act if what you changed is just the azalia driver
in the kernel. People can only respond to what you type, not
everything else that you think of.


--
May the most significant bit of your life be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment