Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Re: Copying files from an Android phone

On 2024-07-02 16:30:00, Rubén Llorente wrote:
> Plenty options here.
>
> I usually either dump the files from the phone to an external
> pen-drive (which requires you to have an USB-OTG cable and your phone
> to support OTG) or launch an FTP server from Android and download the
> files into my OpenBSD machine using an FTP client.
>
> FTP Server is available for Android in FDROID, I think.
>
> Sadeep Madurange wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to backup some files (~1000 photos and two short videos,
> > in total about 3GB) from an Android phone to OpenBSD. In the past I
> > used Android file transfer (MTP) client. I couldn't find it on
> > OpenBSD. What's the best way to achieve this?

Thank you all for the suggestions. I went with the FTP approach using
primitive ftpd for Android from FDROID. It worked like a charm.

--
Sadeep Madurange
PGP: 103BF9E3E750BF7E

No comments:

Post a Comment