Tuesday, July 02, 2024

Re: Copying files from an Android phone

On Tue, 2 Jul 2024 21:58:08 +0800
Sadeep Madurange <sadeep@asciimx.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to backup some files (~1000 photos and two short videos, in
> total about 3GB) from an Android phone to OpenBSD. In the past I used
> Android file transfer (MTP) client. I couldn't find it on OpenBSD.
> What's the best way to achieve this?
>

I use simple-mtpfs like this:

sudo pkg_add simple-mtpfs
mkdir -p mm-phone phone-backup
sudo simple-mtpfs -d -o allow_other --device 1 mm-phone # (requires 'allow' on phone. will block, Ctrl-C to stop.)
rsync -aiR mm-phone/./DCIM/ phone-backup/
sudo umount mm-phone

I've had it lock up openbsd once when the USB cable fell out, but other
than that it seems to work fine.

Hope that helps,

- Jules

--
http://op59.net

No comments:

Post a Comment