Monday, July 08, 2024

Re: XScreenSaver and bsdauth

On Mon, Jul 08, 2024 at 11:43:25AM +0200, Manuel Giraud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make a patch to XScreenSaver to support bsdauth (hopefully
> to have it upstream).
>
> So far so good but at one point I'm calling auth_userokay(3) and I
> always get the following error:
>
> xscreensaver-auth: /usr/libexec/auth/login_passwd: Permission denied
>
> AFAIU, this call to auth_userokay(3) is done from the
> 'xscreensaver-auth' executable which was forked from the 'xscreensaver'
> executable. I have tried many combination of ownership and setuid bit
> on both 'xscreensaver' and 'xscreensaver-auth' but I always end up with
> this same error message. Do you have any idea?

I implemented it then removed it ~15 years ago.
It looks like it wasn't finished but it might be a start.

https://github.com/openbsd/ports/commit/9959eb2a5fca247fb47814ea37706c9bb3cd87de

--
Antoine

No comments:

Post a Comment