Saturday, August 31, 2024

Re: I wrote this about packages and ports in 2023, hopefully still useful to some who come here

Den lör 31 aug. 2024 kl 14:05 skrev Mihai Popescu <mihscu@gmail.com>:
> If your intention is/was to help a new OpenBSD user to install
> packages, then my feedback is a simple no. This article is far from
> helping a beginner to easily install packages.

I think Peter knows that OpenBSD frowns upon mindless "blindly type
this in a terminal and 100% success will be yours" HOWTOs and decided
to write about ports and packages to let people know what they are and
somewhat how to move around the ports tree and so forth, and with
links to the official guides on making ports/packages which is where
you should get your "I need bash on this newly installed obsd machine
and I have never used bsd" help, not from random third party sites.

--
May the most significant bit of your life be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment