Monday, September 16, 2024

Re: elf syspatch on 7.5 stable. Unclear if properly installing. I reverted it.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2024 at 11:09:05PM -0400, Allan Streib wrote:
> I have installed the latest syspatches on 4 different 7.5stable amd64
> machines and had no issues with relinking.
>
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2024, at 22:59, Chris Bennett wrote:
>
> > *** Parse error in /usr/share/relink/kernel/GENERIC.MP: Could not find
> > /usr/ports/infrastructure/templates/mk.conf.template (/etc/mk.conf:9)
>
> /usr/ports should not be involved in relinking a kernel AFAIK. I don't
> have an /etc/mk.conf on any of my machines, maybe move it somewhere else
> and try again?
>

Yes. That did the trick. But why?
I will look at the reorder_kernel carefully. Oh, I got it, for porting,
I have:


PORTS_PRIVSEP=Yes
SUDO=sudo -E
.include "/usr/ports/infrastructure/templates/mk.conf.template"

I won't be doing any porting on stable or syspatches on current. That
must intefer with the build after booting but not at the reorder during
booting.

As far as the dmesg's, I'll look back in the archives.
Wow do I feel better now. Panic averted.

--
Regards,
Chris Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment