Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Re: elf syspatch on 7.5 stable. Unclear if properly installing. I reverted it.

On 2024-09-17, Chris Bennett <cpb_misc@bennettconstruction.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2024 at 11:09:05PM -0400, Allan Streib wrote:
>> I have installed the latest syspatches on 4 different 7.5stable amd64
>> machines and had no issues with relinking.
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 16, 2024, at 22:59, Chris Bennett wrote:
>>
>> > *** Parse error in /usr/share/relink/kernel/GENERIC.MP: Could not find
>> > /usr/ports/infrastructure/templates/mk.conf.template (/etc/mk.conf:9)
>>
>> /usr/ports should not be involved in relinking a kernel AFAIK. I don't
>> have an /etc/mk.conf on any of my machines, maybe move it somewhere else
>> and try again?
>>
>
> Yes. That did the trick. But why?
> I will look at the reorder_kernel carefully. Oh, I got it, for porting,
> I have:
>
>
> PORTS_PRIVSEP=Yes
> SUDO=sudo -E
> .include "/usr/ports/infrastructure/templates/mk.conf.template"

Those ones are all normally safe to incude in /etc/mk.conf, including
for base/xenocara builds, *but* the .include will fail unless you have
the ports tree on that machine.

> I won't be doing any porting on stable or syspatches on current. That
> must intefer with the build after booting but not at the reorder during
> booting.
>
> As far as the dmesg's, I'll look back in the archives.
> Wow do I feel better now. Panic averted.
>


--
Please keep replies on the mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment