Sunday, September 01, 2024

Re: Unable to access ~/Downloads folder

On 2024/09/01 18:11, Lorenz (xha) wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 01, 2024 at 04:00:11PM -0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2024-09-01, aalinovi@riseup.net <aalinovi@riseup.net> wrote:
> > > Other than upgrading to the latest snapshot, I have changed nothing on
> > > my Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen.
> > >
> > > When I try to download anything using either Firefox or
> > > Ungoogled-Chromium I get:
> > >
> > > The folder contents could not be displayed
> > > You do not have access to the specified folder
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any suggestions as to the cause or a fix?
> >
> > There was a diff relating to unveil which was tested in snapshots
> > recently, I suspect it may be triggering this. I think it's now been
> > removed from snaps so try updating base again.
>
> out of curiosity, is there any way to know what patches are being
> tested in snapshots? it would be nice to know that, cuz if i'd
> encounter such issues, i'd probably spent hours debugging before
> reaching out to misc@ or something.

no, there isn't a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment