Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Re: multicast relay?

I think he wants to relay multicast packets across network boundaries
not just answer mdns queries. If he was willing to maintain a zone
himself he'd probably be happiest with a bind instance anyway.


On Thu, Oct 17, 2024 at 01:52:28AM +0200, Kirill A. Korinsky wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2024 00:41:39 +0200,
> Hannu Vuolasaho <vuokkosetae@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to get mDNS and other multicast protocols from IoT LAN to
> > computer LAN.
> > I did this with Linux with https://github.com/marjohn56/udpbroadcastrelay
> > tool.
> >
> > However I don't really like that and that tool doesn't even build out of
> > box on OpenBSD.
> >
> > If I understand correctly, pf doesn't care about broadcast/multicast stuff.
> > Please correct me if I'm wrong.
> >
> > What piece of software would relay the broadcasts and multicasts.
> > Also those rewrites would be nice as some devices are a little bit picky
> > about the packets.
> >
>
> Are you looking for http://www.haesbaert.org/openmdns/ ?
>
> --
> wbr, Kirill
>

No comments:

Post a Comment