Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Re: multicast relay?

On Wed, Oct 16, 2024 at 3:57 PM Hannu Vuolasaho <vuokkosetae@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to get mDNS and other multicast protocols from IoT LAN to computer LAN.
> I did this with Linux with https://github.com/marjohn56/udpbroadcastrelay tool.
>
> However I don't really like that and that tool doesn't even build out of box on OpenBSD.
>
> If I understand correctly, pf doesn't care about broadcast/multicast stuff.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> What piece of software would relay the broadcasts and multicasts.
> Also those rewrites would be nice as some devices are a little bit picky about the packets.

for mDNS, avahi-daemon allows this in some form via the
`enable-reflector` option in the config file.

>
> Best regards,
> Hannu Vuolasaho

No comments:

Post a Comment