Thursday, October 17, 2024

Re: [NEW]: sysutils/sake

Hello,

On 2024/10/16 16:49:00 +0000, Rubén Llorente <porting@use.startmail.com> wrote:
> Ping,
>
> I've just rebuilt this same port on -current and I have been using it
> without any issues so far.
>
> Rubén Llorente wrote:
> > Hello there. Let's see if we can let this one in for the next -release.
> >
> > Sake is a mass command and task runner for servers. Think of it as
> > Ansible-lite. You define tasks such as "UpgradeEverything" and then use
> > Sake to upgrade all your servers at once, that sort of thing.

portwise, it looks fine to me. I'd just include this minor style nit:

--- Makefile.orig Fri Oct 18 00:38:11 2024
+++ Makefile Fri Oct 18 00:38:22 2024
@@ -21,12 +21,9 @@
NO_TEST = Yes

post-build:
-
- cd ${MODGO_WORKSPACE}/bin && \
- ./sake gen
+ cd ${MODGO_WORKSPACE}/bin && ./sake gen
.for s in bash fish zsh
- cd ${MODGO_WORKSPACE}/bin && \
- ./sake completion $s > sake.$s
+ cd ${MODGO_WORKSPACE}/bin && ./sake completion $s > sake.$s
.endfor

do-install:


and to be fair I'm not sure about the "You configure..." part of the
description, even if it's verbatim from upstream description. I'd
prefer it to be indirect, as in

: sake is a command runner for local and remote hosts. It takes a list of
: server and tasks in a sake.yaml config file and then runs those tasks on
: the servers.

NO_TEST can be removed. There seem to be some unit tests in the
repository, but I don't know the right incantation to point `go test' at
the subdirectories in the port infrastructure.

Otherwise, it looks fine to me and it's ok op@ to import. (i haven't
actually tested it at runtime.) I'm attaching a tarball with all these
fixes addressed.


Cheers,
Omar Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment