Tuesday, October 15, 2024

yt-dlp missing 3 dependencies?

hello, folks

I had previously compiled OpenBSD by myself and applied some azalia patch which
fixed my computer for OpenBSD.

After doing sysupgrade the other day, to 7.6, yt-dlp seems to be broken.
I even tried deleting everything like so: pkg_delete -Xa, which did not help.

The fix is installing the following 3 libraries:
py-certifi
py-urllib3
py-requests
How did I know these 3? yt-dlp or python complained about attributes and stuff
missing (for example 'certifi' has no attribute 'where').

Did I do a whoopsie by going from a compiled system to a binary one somehow?

I doubt that -U would do anything, since the installation exists cleanly.



--
Anon Loli
#########
This mortal strives for omnisciency. Some tags: perfectionist, minimalist,
researcher, scientist, philosopher, developer, autist, anarchist, data hoarder,
99 other tags and interests.

I am always up for conversing as long as you meet these requirements:
1. Use PGP encryption for all data shared,
2. Use a open source operating system,NOT Windows, NOT MacOS,
3. Have a open mind - are ready to let go of any and all imperfect views on
anything, if they are.
Let's change this world for the better, one action at a time
########################
<anonloli@autistici.org>

No comments:

Post a Comment