Saturday, February 22, 2025

Re: softraid, bioctl -c 1C failed array question

Hi again,

I attempted to get the debug messages to print by doing:
cd /usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/conf, copying GENERIC.MP to
GENERIC.MP.BIODEBUG, and making this change:
--- GENERIC.MP Wed Feb 5 23:54:35 2025
+++ GENERIC.MP.BIODEBUG Wed Feb 5 15:38:10 2025
@@ -6,4 +6,6 @@
#option MP_LOCKDEBUG
#option WITNESS

+option SR_DEBUG
+
cpu* at mainbus?

Then, I recompiled the kernel and rebooted. I didn't see any debug
messages related to softraid, even though my system partitions are using
a RAID 1C device.

# bioctl -vi softraid0
Volume Status Size Device
softraid0 0 Online 1999861775872 sd5 RAID1C
0 Online 1999861775872 0:0.0 noencl <sd2a>
'unknown serial'
1 Online 1999861775872 0:1.0 noencl <sd3a>
'unknown serial'

so, I checked out the source in /usr/src/sys/dev. It seems that several
of the RAID disciplines have ifdef statements to handle SR_DEBUG, but not
the RAID 1C discipline:

# grep SR_DEBUG softraid*c |sort |uniq
softraid.c:

No comments:

Post a Comment