Friday, July 17, 2026

Re: [NEW] net/chrony -> Fwd: Chrony 4.8 for ports

Atanas Vladimirov wrote on 16.07.2026 11:46: > On 2026-07-14 19:28, Thomas Kupper wrote: >> Atanas Vladimirov wrote on 13.07.2026 14:30: >>> On 2026-02-03 16:06, Thomas Kupper wrote: >>>> On 03.02.2026 13:48, Stuart Henderson wrote: >>>>> i'd be happier about having this in ports if the diffs supporting >>>>> openbsd were upstream, rather than coming from a fork. >>>> >>>> Sure, that makes sense. I'll see if I can get into upstream. >>>> >>>> /Thomas >>>> >>> >>> Hey Thomas, >>> >>> Thanks for your work on chrony port for OpenBSD. >>> I was very pleased to find you work and I'm testing your initial port more than a month now :) >> >> Glad it is of interest for you. Shaun Ren (https://github.com/shaunren/chrony) is the original author, btw. > > Yes, I know that the cudos should go to Shaun Ren as the owner of the changes :). I also tracked your efforts to find/contact him. > >> >>> >>> Also, I found that the OpenBSD support was already merged into chrony gitlab repo and I suppose that it will be >>> part of the next chrony release, right? >> >> I would think so, yes. Miroslav is the maintainer and will decide I assume. > > Yes, let's see when the new chrony version (with OpenBSD support) will pop up. > Then, I suppose that you will make/send a new port version and hopefully, it will get merged officially, right? I will send a new port when 4.9 with OpenBSD is released, yep. We will see if gets accepted. /Thomas > > Best wishes, > Atanas > >> >> /Thomas >> >>> Best wishes and Good job! >>> Atanas >>> >>> P.S.: Here are my ntppool servers https://www.ntppool.org/a/don.nasco and you can see the one that runs chrony >>> by comparing the offset drift :) (this is on OpenBSD -current)

No comments:

Post a Comment