Sunday, July 26, 2026

Re: [new port]: sysutils/inxi

On Tue, 7 Jul 2026 18:29:46 +0000 Johannes Thyssen Tishman <jtt@openbsd.org> wrote: > 2026-07-06T20:00:23-0500 izzy Meyer <izder456@disroot.org>: > > Hello ports@ > > > > I'd like to import a small trivial port of inxi. Only depend is > > base's /usr/bin/perl. > > > > /usr/ports/mystuff/sysutils/inxi git:(main) $ make show=COMMENT > > full featured CLI system information tool > > /usr/ports/mystuff/sysutils/inxi git:(main) $ portcheck > > sysutils/inxi > > /usr/ports/mystuff/sysutils/inxi git:(main) $ cat pkg/DESCR > > inxi is a command line system information tool. It was forked from > > the ancient and mindbendingly perverse yet ingenius infobash, by > > locsmif. > > > > The primary purpose of inxi is for support, and sys admin use. inxi > > is used widely for forum and IRC support, which seems to be it's > > most common function. > > Hi Izzy, > > I've lightly tested some options and it seems to be working well. I > also tried testing inside a chroot to check for potential hidden > dependencies and I'm getting the following error when running without > flags: > > Not a HASH reference at /usr/local/bin/inxi line 32161. > > I think this only happens with some options like -[dD] or options that > include the output of those (like the default output). Not sure why > this happens, but I thought I'd mention it in case you want to look > into it. > > While testing which options were causing this I also noticed that > using the -m flag gives the following error (inside or outside the > chroot): > > Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/inxi line > 24570. > > I don't think the above issues are blockers to import, but perhaps > something to report upstream? Portwise I only have the following > comments (diff below addressing them): > > - I think CONFIGURE_STYLE = none does nothing so that can be dropped. > - While using /usr/bin/install in the do-install target should be > perfectly fine, there are predefined macros for installing these > files. See INSTALL_{PROGRAM,SCRIPT,DATA,MAN}[_DIR] in > bsd.port.mk(5). > > With those addressed, ok jtt@ to import. > > diff -rup /tmp/inxi/Makefile inxi/Makefile > --- /tmp/inxi/Makefile Tue Jul 7 02:54:35 2026 > +++ inxi/Makefile Tue Jul 7 19:45:20 2026 > @@ -11,12 +11,10 @@ MAINTAINER = izzy Meyer > <izder456@disroot.org> # GPLv3 > PERMIT_PACKAGE = Yes > > -CONFIGURE_STYLE = none > - > NO_BUILD = Yes > > do-install: > - install -m755 ${WRKDIST}/inxi ${PREFIX}/bin/inxi > - install -m644 ${WRKDIST}/inxi.1 > ${PREFIX}/man/man1/inxi.1 > + ${INSTALL_PROGRAM} ${WRKDIST}/inxi ${PREFIX}/bin/ > + ${INSTALL_MAN} ${WRKDIST}/inxi.1 ${PREFIX}/man/man1/ > > .include <bsd.port.mk> > Ping! Attached a new tarball with above diff applied. Cheers! -- iz (she/her) > I say mundane things > so the uninteresting > just might get noticed. izder456 (dot) neocities (dot) org

No comments:

Post a Comment