Monday, August 17, 2026

Re: ffmpeg-9.0.1 against firefox and friends

Le Mon, Aug 17, 2026 at 01:52:45PM +0200, Kirill A. Korinsky a écrit : > Folks, > > I'd like to go ffmpeg-9.0.1 in soon, and as far as I recall the firefox > needs some love. > > The last time it requires some ABI compatibility patches to play *some* > videos, here the thread from last upgrade: > https://marc.info/?t=176217360500004&r=1&w=2 > > To avoid bad user expirence, I'd like to ask you, does your port ready? > Shall I wait or I can go in asap? technically, this is taken care of by https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2057577 which has been merged for 155, and backported to 154 and esr153. i havent done any testing of ffmpeg9 yet. firefox 154 is planned tomorrow, and i was planning to update www/firefox-esr from 140 to 153 tomorrow too. my understanding is that librewolf 154 should follow shortly, so that only leaves tor-browser which still tracks esr140 branch, and where some manual backporting should be done. imo, you should at least wait for the 154/153.1 updates to land.. Landry

No comments:

Post a Comment