Friday, August 28, 2026

Re: [NEW] net/chrony -> Fwd: Chrony 4.8 for ports

Atanas Vladimirov wrote on 28.08.2026 11:43: > On 2026-07-18 08:54, Thomas Kupper wrote: >> Atanas Vladimirov wrote on 16.07.2026 11:46: >>> On 2026-07-14 19:28, Thomas Kupper wrote: >>>> Atanas Vladimirov wrote on 13.07.2026 14:30: >>>>> On 2026-02-03 16:06, Thomas Kupper wrote: >>>>>> On 03.02.2026 13:48, Stuart Henderson wrote: >>>>>>> i'd be happier about having this in ports if the diffs supporting >>>>>>> openbsd were upstream, rather than coming from a fork. >>>>>> >>>>>> Sure, that makes sense. I'll see if I can get into upstream. >>>>>> >>>>>> /Thomas >>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> Hey Thomas, >>>>> >>>>> Thanks for your work on chrony port for OpenBSD. >>>>> I was very pleased to find you work and I'm testing your initial >>>>> port more than a month now :) >>>> >>>> Glad it is of interest for you. Shaun Ren >>>> (https://github.com/shaunren/chrony) is the original author, btw. >>> >>> Yes, I know that the cudos should go to Shaun Ren as the owner of the >>> changes :). I also tracked your efforts to find/contact him. >>> >>>> >>>>> >>>>> Also, I found that the OpenBSD support was already merged into >>>>> chrony gitlab repo and I suppose that it will be >>>>> part of the next chrony release, right? >>>> >>>> I would think so, yes. Miroslav is the maintainer and will decide I >>>> assume. >>> >>> Yes, let's see when the new chrony version (with OpenBSD support) >>> will pop up. >>> Then, I suppose that you will make/send a new port version and >>> hopefully, it will get merged officially, right? >> >> I will send a new port when 4.9 with OpenBSD is released, yep. We will >> see if gets accepted. >> >> /Thomas >> > > Hey Thomas, > > Good news, chrony-4.9 has been released :) > (https://chrony-project.org/news.html) I saw it, yes, had update my repo for RC1. I'll get around to update the port and post it here in the next few days. > It includes two major changes: > > - Add support for OpenBSD > - Add refclock driver for OpenBSD timedelta sensors > > Once again thank you for you time and effort making this possible :) > > Best wishes, > Atanas

No comments:

Post a Comment