Sunday, August 09, 2026

Re: New ZoneMinder Port

On Sun, Aug 9, 2026 at 4:42 PM Lydia Sobot <chilledfrogs@disroot.org> wrote: > >how to build/test a port *without* root access, and > Is something unclear about the SUDO directive in mk.conf(5)? > > >2) can someone help with the error below? > Just install the build dependencies beforehand from packages I'd say lol, maybe mark them as automatic I found the problem, I had misconfigured /etc/mk.conf and clobbered some settings that were causing all packages to get dumped in the same directory. Fixed now. As for running the port make processes as a regular user, the SUDO directive is actually mildly confusing...I thought there is no sudo in OpenBSD and instead there is doas? I've seen Stuart and some others mention that one should not build ports as root, but clearly some of the commands/steps will not work without either elevated permissions or specific permissions on certain directories. Will using this directive help in this sense? I'm just not clear on how to avoid using root privileges (like running some of the make commands with doas). -vansid

No comments:

Post a Comment