Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Re: Exposing latest llamacpp from ports into packages?

On Tue, 22 Sep 2026 19:34:33 +0200, Guillaume MULLER <guillaume.muller@emse.fr> wrote: > > Dear all, > > I'm using llama.cpp for some projects. The version that is in the packages (for OpenBSD 7.9) is very old and cannot run most of the current models. > > So I downloaded and compiled the latest version from the official GitHub repository. It works perfectly fine without any modification (with just CPU support). > > I wanted to ask the maintainer to update the version, and I just noticed that it is in fact already in the ports! > > Would it be possible to expose it as a package, instead or requiring manual compilation or installation of the whole ports tree? > > Thanks you very much. > I keep llama.cpp and libggml synced with latest releases and usually an update follow in days after new release happens. I not sure that backport llama.cpp and libggml is right to -stable, and I suggest you to use -current instead. -- wbr, Kirill

No comments:

Post a Comment