Tuesday, September 01, 2026

Re: Hyprland + OpenBSD

On Tue, 1 Sep 2026 00:10:31 +0200 Nazarenko Mykyta <mn@superpc.suicide.solutions> wrote: > On Sun, 30 Aug 2026 17:30:05 -0400 (EDT) > Daniel Dickman <didickman@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Here's a proof of concept for the Hyprland wayland compositor which I've > > been running for a few weeks on amd64. > > > > Note that the ports may need a good amount of polishing in terms of > > checking deps, WANTLIBs, etc, etc. So I'm posting it here in case someone > > wants to complete the work as I'm out of time and energy. > > > > Note that lua 5.5 is now in ports thanks to sthen@'s ok. but we still need > > glaze imported. I've sent out a port for glaze separately and if another > > developer wants to ok and import that would be helpful. > > > > Hope sharing this work-in-progress is helpful to folks with an interest in > > getting official Hyprland packages on OpenBSD. > > Hola Daniel! > > Too many warnings during the build process, but I spotted that upstream > successfully fixed this : > > https://github.com/hyprwm/Hyprland/commit/af0d014cb26f536d8cb7cab2b9d5784f69767c8a > > I'm very interested in Hyprland on OpenBSD, so... > I'll try to finish it all up properly. > > Big thanks! > > With best regards, > Nazarenko Mykyta > Hola ports@, Daniel! I made a few minor changes to WANTLIB in hyprland and hyprlang. I also added a patch that eliminates cascade of warnings during compilation by placing overrides in the appropriate places. Once version 0.56.3 is released, I'll remove my patch, but for now, it's best to import it along with this patch, just to keep things clean. I tested this on a laptop with an i915 and on another laptop with an amdgpu. It works great ( at least I haven't noticed any hidden issues ). Tarball attached. Thanks again to Daniel for all his work. With best regards, Nazarenko Mykyta

No comments:

Post a Comment