Friday, September 04, 2026

Re: Hyprland + OpenBSD

On Tue, 1 Sep 2026, Nazarenko Mykyta wrote: > Hola ports@, Daniel! > > I made a few minor changes to WANTLIB in hyprland and hyprlang. > I also added a patch that eliminates cascade of warnings during compilation > by placing overrides in the appropriate places. Once version 0.56.3 is released, > I'll remove my patch, but for now, it's best to import it along with this patch, > just to keep things clean. > > I tested this on a laptop with an i915 and on another laptop with an amdgpu. > It works great ( at least I haven't noticed any hidden issues ). > > Tarball attached. Thanks again to Daniel for all his work. > > With best regards, > Nazarenko Mykyta > Thanks. I do think waiting for the next release might be better rather than backporting these diffs. In terms of hyperlang, my thought was maybe to hold off on importing the full hyperland stack until the transition to lua is complete. That would let us avoid importing a port that upstream says is effectively being retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment