On Sep 25, 2026, at 4:27 PM, Stuart Henderson <stu@spacehopper.org> wrote: > > On 2026/09/25 21:40, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote: >> The only thing I wonder: you install in /usr/local/share/java/classes, whereas there are other >> ports, that install in /usr/local/share/java/<portname>, i.e. opencv4. >> For openjfx and sevenzipjbinding, I chose the <PORTNAME> subdirectory, but could put them into >> classes as well. >> For autopsy then I have this in the config file: >> -J-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib/sevenzipjbinding:/usr/local/share/java/opencv4:/usr/local/ >> lib >> >> with everything in classes, it would make it shorter here, but I don't know, would it pick up >> stuff it won't need? > > There aren't strictly established standard for packages which > install .jars, but here are my thoughts: > > Where it's just the one jar, directly installing to > /usr/local/share/java/classes seems fine (and is what I'd expect). > > If there are a whole stack of classes (especially if they might > conflict with another port) or a self-contained piece of software > where it doesn't really make sense to make the jars available > for other software to use (examples include josm, unifi, ghidra), > then somewhere outside of /usr/local/share/java/classes seems a > better idea. Yes, that is how I see it as well. I’d only add if a jar or small number of jars are primarily a build depend of other java ports, I would expect to find them in MODJAVA_JAR_DIR unversioned. -Kurt
No comments:
Post a Comment