Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Re: NEW: java/openjfx

Hi,

thanks Kurt for spotting the hidden Ruby dependency i missed. I have my ports in /home/ports, that's why it worked for /me, I'll 
see to use FULLDISTDIR to hopefully make it work whereever Tomorrow. Thanks Peter for that hint.

Sebastian



On Wed, Sep 23, 2026 at 7:00 PM Peter Hessler <phessler@theapt.org> wrote:
On 2026 Sep 23 (Wed) at 08:21:28 -0400 (-0400), Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
:On Tue, Sep 22, 2026 at 09:39:59PM +0200, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
:
:> this is an attempt to package openjfx.
:> Unfortunately, the gradle in ports tree is too new, therefore downloading
:> the older one they need.
:
:> A number of patches are quite rough, but I hope to at least be able to
:> upstream some, after some cleanup if needed.
:
:> I'd need this for the Java version of sysutils/autopsy
:
:> I used the {} in DISTFILES, to prevent these long subdirs in distinfo and
:> downloads directory.
:
:> any tests, feedback etc. welcome.
:
:> While porting Autopy, and to verify openjfx parts work, I had to create
:> some test programs, for those curious, find them attached as well.
:
:You've got commented out lines that should go. Also, your patch to the gradle
:wrapper has an extra "../" in it and so things blow up because they cannot
:find the gradle .zip file.
:
:It's also missing a BUILD_DEPENDENCY on lang/ruby.
:
:Here's a version that builds and packages and cleans up the commented out lines.
:
:This version is ok kmos to import
:
:--Kurt

I'm trying to build, but getting a failure.

===>  Building for openjfx-21.0.11.4
cd /usr/obj/ports/openjfx-21.0.11.4/jfx21u-21.0.11-4 &&  chmod 755
./gradlew &&  /usr/bin/env -i
GRADLE_USER_HOME=/usr/obj/ports/openjfx-21.0.11.4/.gradle
JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk-21  ./gradlew  --no-daemon  --offline
--init-script=/usr/obj/ports/openjfx-21.0.11.4/init.gradle  --info
-PCOMPILE_TARGETS=openbsd  sdk
Downloading file:/usr/obj/ports/openjfx-21.0.11.4/jfx21u-21.0.11-4/gradle/wrapper/../../../../../distfiles/gradle-8.4-bin.zip

Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/obj/ports/openjfx-21.0.11.4/jfx21u-21.0.11-4/gradle/wrapper/../../../../../distfiles/gradle-8.4-bin.zip
(No such file or directory)


The reason is I have my ports build dir in /usr/obj/ports, so the manual
../ doesn't work.  You should be able to use the variable FULLDISTDIR to
get to the correct place.


patches/patch-gradle_wrapper_gradle-wrapper_properties:+distributionUrl=../../../../../distfiles/gradle-8.4-bin.zip


--
Pure drivel tends to drive ordinary drivel off the TV screen.


--

No comments:

Post a Comment