On 2026/09/20 18:52, David Uhden Collado wrote: > The truth is, I find these Rust reimplementations quite > interesting. Ubuntu 26.10 has already adopted uutils coreutils > because the project has reached a level of maturity and > stability where it can be used reliably. The issues found after they switched suggests that they hadn't reached that level by that point. I haven't tracked development since then (I'm not particularly interested). I see no big issue having them in ports for users to install if they want, as long as there's OpenBSD developer support to get them into the tree, but: - they can't conflict with the GNU tools so will need a different prefix or install into a different directory - we can't use them in place of GNU tools for dependencies in other ports, rust gives too much of a restriction on archs, and having different deps on different archs is a pain to deal with
No comments:
Post a Comment