Saturday, September 19, 2026

Re: UPDATE: add -java subpackage to sysutils/sleuthkit

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 19, 2026 at 2:16 PM Stuart Henderson <stu@spacehopper.org> wrote:
On 2026/09/19 10:14, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is my attempt to add -java SUBPACKAGE to sysutils/sleuthkit.
> I took graphics/opencv as template.

> My only problem is, that the -java SUBPACKAGE depends WANTLIB/LIB_DEPENDS on the -main
> SUBPACKAGE.
>
> with that, I can't easily:
>
> cd sysutils/sleuthkit && make install
>
> I have to:
> cd sysutils/sleuthkit && FLAVOR=no_java make install && make clean && SUBPACKAGE=-java make
> install
>
> that doesn't look right, I guess dpb won't cope with it, or?

Doesn't "make install-all" do it? It shouldn't be an issue for dpb
or people installing with pkg_add.


no, not even with a install-all:
...
===>  Verifying specs:  bfio m pthread c++ c++abi pthread sqlite3 vhdi vmdk z afflib aio_compat crypto curl expat nghttp2 nghttp3 ngtcp2 ngtcp2_crypto_libressl readline ssl ewf vslvm c bfio m pthread c++ c++abi pthread sqlite3 vhdi vmdk z afflib aio_compat crypto curl expat nghttp2 nghttp3 ngtcp2 ngtcp2_crypto_libressl readline ssl ewf vslvm tsk
Missing library for tsk>=0.0
Fatal error
...
 

That said, why not just include this in the main package? If it was a
more widely used library then splitting could make more sense but I'm
not sure this is worth the extra hassle.

> Do I have to stick all shared libs into the -main package to get around it?
> Just only the .jar files for the -java SUBPACKAGE left?

I don't see any point in splitting like that.


I'm going back to drop the SUBPACKAGE idea.

Also looking into the other comments from the second mail.

thanks,
Sebastian

--

No comments:

Post a Comment