Thursday, January 31, 2019

Re: dwm and chromium

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 10:44:55PM -0500, Ted Unangst wrote:
> It annoys me that chrome doesn't start on screen 9 like firefox does.
> (Especially since it takes a few seconds to start, so I'm always surprised
> when the window finally appears and disrupts my current screen.)
> Easily fixed.
Which rules to add to or remove from upstream's set as well as the
specified tags have great potential for bike shedding.

Since dwm is designed to be patched and recompiled for personal taste,
I tend to avoid such changes in our port and leave them to users.

On the other hand, the firefox rule has been there for ages and doing
the same with chromium makes sense consistency wise.

That said, no objections from me, but please refrain from further
config patches or send them directly upstream.

Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment