Thursday, January 31, 2019

Re: Use xenodm like startx?

My .xsession looks like this:

userresources=$HOME/.Xresources

if [ -f "$userresources" ]; then
        /usr/X11R6/bin/xrdb -merge "$userresources"
fi

export ENV='$HOME/.kshrc'

# See /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/dbus

# if dbus is installed, start its daemon
if [ -x /usr/local/bin/dbus-launch -a -z "${DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS}"
]; then
        eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-x11`
fi

# I like my cursor bigger, needs adwaita-icon-theme port

export XCURSOR_PATH="/usr/local/share/icons"
export XCURSOR_THEME=Adwaita
export XCURSOR_SIZE=32

numlockx on &

exec icewm-session


On 1/31/19 10:36 AM, trondd wrote:
> On Thu, January 31, 2019 5:57 am, John Ankarström wrote:
>>> Only thing I never figured out is how to make X and xenodm shutdown when
>>> I
>>> exit my window manager.
>> This too makes me feel like xenodm is far too complex for what I want.
>>
> It's not an issue of complexity. It's a different tool that does a
> different thing. Bending it to work like something it's not will
> inherently have caveats.
>
> The thing is, what we had before was a trivial privilege escalation.
> Sometimes you just have to adapt a little and you can benefit greatly from
> improvements.
>
> Tim.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment