Sunday, May 31, 2020

Re: x11/dmenu: drop fonts/terminus-font from RUN_DEPENDS

> Am 31.05.2020 um 15:49 schrieb Klemens Nanni <kn@openbsd.org>:
> On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 01:39:30PM +0000, Lucas wrote:
>> FTR, I originally removed the patch for config.def.h completely in
>> dmenu as I didn't see much point in introducing a patch just for
>> changing some colors, which can be changed with parameters and seem
>> quite randomly chosen (they don't match CSS for OpenBSD site, which I
>> think is the only official thing that can be considered as some sort of
>> colorscheme).
> Let's do one thing at a time, if others later decide to change colors
> they can do so, I'd like to fix the fonts due the implied dependencies,
> all else I'd like to leave the any future porter/MAINTAINER.

This topic comes up every few months for either of the suckless ports,
see archives. Developers (e.g. tedu and myself), who are actively using
dwm have stated that they prefer to keep color patches (across suckless
ports) instead of following the randomly changing upstream colors -
think of it as principal of least surprise after upgrades.

IMHO this includes keeping Terminus, despite upstream dropped it long
time ago already. So, I'm not in favor of the proposed patch, but would
not object, if you insist on moving on this way.

Either way, I can take care of maintaining DWM.

Thanks,
Regards,
Joerg (jung@)

No comments:

Post a Comment