Sunday, May 31, 2020

Re: x11/dmenu: drop fonts/terminus-font from RUN_DEPENDS

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 10:43:20PM +0200, Joerg Jung wrote:
> This topic comes up every few months for either of the suckless ports,
> see archives. Developers (e.g. tedu and myself), who are actively using
> dwm have stated that they prefer to keep color patches (across suckless
> ports) instead of following the randomly changing upstream colors -
> think of it as principal of least surprise after upgrades.
>
> IMHO this includes keeping Terminus, despite upstream dropped it long
> time ago already. So, I'm not in favor of the proposed patch, but would
> not object, if you insist on moving on this way.
>
> Either way, I can take care of maintaining DWM.
Feel free to go ahead, apparently there are enough people that care more
about dwm and dmenu than I do, so I have no further intentions to
discuss these ports any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment