Sunday, January 31, 2021

Re: Packaging rust code

Sven Assmann <sven@d34dl0ck.me> writes:

> Hi Dear OpenBSD ports folks,
>
> My name is Sven and I'm very new to openBSD (have some FreeBSD experience from >10years ago).
>
> I'm an author and maintainer of some rust cli tools and I'm totally new to preparing ports packages, have done deb, rpm and homebrew so far.
>
> My question is about the build system to be used to prepare binary
> packages. Since those tools are build with cargo, the rust default
> build tool and rustc and cargo are both available on openBSD is there
> anything special to keep in mind?
>
> Maybe somebody has already packaged some rust tools, then I would
> appreciate to Point me to an example.

You should check out ports devel/cargo/cargo.port.mk which has plenty of usages.

No comments:

Post a Comment